DATAMARS: OMNI MAX
OMNI MAX – the newest, portable, universal reader from Datamars with the strongest feature-set of any available microchip reader, making it a perfect fit for animal identification in any environment. OMNI MAX is able to read FDX-B (ISO), FDX-A/FECAVA, Trovan, and either HDX ISO or Avid encrypted, depending on the reader version. From puppies and kittens to seniors, from pocket pets to horses, indoors and outdoors – OMNI MAX delivers the identification you need.
OMNI MAX has an innovative antenna that runs along the full perimeter of the reader, greatly increasing the read field for fast and easy scanning. This larger, wider read field improves the read distance and time – which are critical to making an identification. With OMNI MAX, Datamars delivers the most modern available technology to ensure the fastest possible microchip ID with every read.Connect OMNI MAX to your computer via USB or optional Bluetooth wireless. The keyboard wedge allows thousands of microchip IDs to be transmitted directly to your computer, tablet or smartphone and any other Windows or Mac compatible application as if typed by a keyboard, eliminating the possibility of transcription errors. Communication with your computer, as well as updating the scanner firmware can be managed through the S-ID software tool, available on www.datamars.com.
OMNI MAX improves the speed and reliability of animal ID for veterinarians, shelters, and animal control officers around the world. OMNI MAX is delivered in a practical carton box carrier, together whith a quick start guide, USB cable and power supply.
- Reads all available companion animal microchips
- Wide/large read field leads quicker microchip detection
- Features a scroll wheel, user-friendly menu and a backlit, graphic, color display
- Beeper confirms a successful reading, with the microchip number staying on the display until a new microchip is read
- Long lasting, rechargeable, lithium battery
- 2GB SD internal memory card to record millions of ID codes with date & timenData transfer to computer via USB (optional Bluetooth connection)nDisplay read output on computer, tablet or mobile phone wherever cursor is placed
- Easy connectivity tool to display data from reader on PC or smartphone as if typed by a keyboard
- Compatible with most printers via optional Bluetooth to print microchip code as you scan
Keys to effective scanning:
- Hold the scanner close to, or touching the animal
- Scan slowly and repeatedly over the entire body to ensure whether or not a microchip is present
- Wave the scanner back and forth lightly while scanning, because microchips can be in various orientations within the animal
- Scan first in a horizontal, then a vertical “S” pattern down the animal’s body, as shown in the diagram below
- Consider scanning each animal more than once to ensure any present microchip can be localized by the scanner